Hi! I'm Nic. I build websites, draw pictures and eat lots of sushi, and would love to do any of those things for you. I'm based in Hong Kong and work with people across the world to build cool things! Currently, I'm working on building out custom e-commerce experiences with Shopify.
Freelance Web Developer • Nov'2015 – Now
- Built applications and websites using technologies such as MeteorJS, Vue, React, React Native
- Developed themes for Shopify based e-commerce stores
- Converted desktop PSD designs to utilize responsive design and implemented them as responsive websites and applications
- Developed workflows, created style guides and wrote documentations to improve internal practices
- Completed accessibility and UI audits on existing application
Asian American Art Centre Web Consultant • Jul'14 – Feb'16
- Worked closely with the organization founder to redesign existing website, including restructuring and rewriting content; designing and developing interactive and responsive pages.
- Updated existing CodeIgniter artist archive web application.
- View Related Case Study →
Steven Holl Architects Web Developer and Coordinator • Nov'14 – Feb'16
- Executed all aspects of design and development for Steven Holl Architects web properties, including the primary architectural portfolio website, temporary promotional micro-sites for exhibitions and other initiatives, and various cultural nonprofit organizations supported by the firm.
- Strategized and executed new content and marketing initiatives and UI improvements.
- View Related Case Study →
Scripps College B.A. in Art, Minor in Chinese May 2014
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Received the Class of ’42 Innovation Award for senior thesis exhibition, a digital poster campaign.
I worked with Nic to completely re-design our organization's website and blog. She was a dream to work with, and always professional, communicated with me often, and responded to all my concerns and questions promptly. She was great at understanding my needs and talking me through the various options we had, as well as continually providing helpful advice and input... After the project's completion, she walked me through how to update the website and answered a few follow-up questions by email. Nic was a pleasure to work with and I'd recommend her to anyone wanting beautiful web work.– Senti Sojwal, Sakhi for South Asian Women
Nic has always provided the best, most insightful code, and has on numerous occasions saved a project with her creativity. There is no one I trust more with web work, no matter the scope or scale.– Luke Patrick, Owner of Router Chowder
Nic helped me revamp my online illustration portfolio. As a non-techie myself, Nic was wonderful to work with. She is thorough and communicative, and did a great job showing me how to maintain the site or change my content. She also provides great suggestions for design, and codes with accessibility in mind, so that I know my website both looks great AND creates a seamless viewing experience for my audience.– Janice Liu, illustrator